Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Jan 11, 2010 @ 17:23
    Warren Buckley

5th birthday bash for Umbraco {London}

Hiya Guys & Girls,
    I am trying to organise the 5th Umbraco birthday bash in London.

The guys over at Wunderman (an umbraco solution provider) are going to be hosting this for us - http://www.wunderman.co.uk
    I just need to hear back from Gregory on how long we can have it for and how many we can fit.

However I need some help from you giys & girls:

Would you like to give a presentation/show off something cool or code something live, please reply here with some contact details so I can get in touch please.

If you have any suggestions or ideas on how we can celebrate Umbraco's birthday in style, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Warren :)

• Paul Marden 235 posts 338 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jan 11, 2010 @ 17:24
    Paul Marden

Happy to present something.  Don't know what at the moment -- would consider a presentation on the Google Checkout package.

Jan 11, 2010 @ 17:30
    Warren Buckley

OK sounds good to me Paul.

• Pete Miller 8 posts 26 karma points
    Jan 11, 2010 @ 17:46
    Pete Miller

At least some of us from Conde Nast Digital will try to make it! Perhaps we can demo how Amazon Web Services works or how we're using it if with umbraco if anyone's interested since that's where we have some experience.

Jan 11, 2010 @ 17:51
    Warren Buckley

Hey Pete, yeh I think that could be useful for people.
    Keep the offers coming in please. I will be touch with you soon if you have offered to present/demo

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Jan 12, 2010 @ 12:47
    Chris Houston

Hi Warren,

With any luck I will be able to do a demo of umbMailer which is a generic Email Service Provider package for Umbraco with current planned support for:

• Campaign Monitor
    • Mail Chimp
    • Jango Mail

( More to follow depending on requests )

We are hoping to have this ready for a demo on the 16th and an alpha release shortly after.

Cheers,

Chris

Jan 12, 2010 @ 15:34
    Warren Buckley

Yep this sounds good to me Chris - sounds like a nice little package :)

Warren

• Alex Norcliffe 222 posts 287 karma points
    Jan 12, 2010 @ 20:38
    Alex Norcliffe

Hi Warren, as discussed on IM I'll be happy to present something. How about the following for topics:

- Scalability best practices from Wired.co.uk, Vogue.co.jp and Style.it (updated version of my session from CodeGarden09 although Kenny unfortunately won't be able to join I think)

- Umbraco in the cloud, specifically Amazon - might team up with Peter Miller if we can work something out

Let me know if there's anything you'd prefer

Cheers

Alex

• jonok 297 posts 658 karma points
    Jan 13, 2010 @ 03:13
    jonok

Alex, this is a bit off topic - but have you put any of your scalability best practices presentations anywhere on the web? Either video or documentation? I'm very interested to see what practises you've used and how you've modified Umbraco to handle large sites such as wired and vogue.

Thanks,
    Jono

Jan 13, 2010 @ 12:58
    Warren Buckley

Signup for London Birthday bash is now LIVE - Signup quick to avoid dissapointment
    http://our.umbraco.org/events/umbraco-5th-birthday-meetup-in-london

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Jan 13, 2010 @ 22:00
    Dan

It sounds like this is going to be awesome!  I'm not going to be able to make it unfortunately but I wondered if there are any plans to video any of the presentations?  Just about all of them sound REALLY interesting, so I'd be very keen to know if they'll be streamed or broadcast - maybe they could be collated with the other anniversary events around the world and loaded to a Vimeo channel or something?

• jonok 297 posts 658 karma points
    Jan 14, 2010 @ 01:54
    jonok

Yes I also can't make it but I'd love to see the presentations.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft